Luke has pretty much said "I wub you" since the day he could talk, but Levi, well, Levi was a bit more reserved with his vocal display of affection. It wasn't until a few months ago, actually, that he started using this special phrase that zaps an instant smile reflex hidden somewhere deep in the pit of my stomach. It's kind of like the reaction to that tickle you get when you go over a fast hill on a car ride. I remember distinctly the day Levi said "I wubbbb you, Momma". It had been one of those "Momma, Momma, Momma, Mooooooooom" days. You know the kind I'm talking about...the kind of days when you want to tell your sweet little lovies that "Mom" has changed her name, has gone on vacation, has turned her ears off, etc. :-)
Back to that special moment: Levi and I were sitting in the rocking chair, listening to elevator music, trying to wind (him) down for a nap. In a feeble attempt to divert our attention from "napping", Levi starts:
Levi: Momma...Momma...Mooommmma...Moooooom (I'm sitting with my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep. Finally, I give into his persistence.)
Me: (sigh) What, Levi.
Levi: (batting eyes, coy smile) I wuuuuuub you, Momma.
Of course, I returned the sweet sentiment and snuggled him in for a nice, long nap. :-) I'm pretty sure I had a smile the size of Texas plastered to my face that lasted the rest of the day.
Since that day, he hasn't stopped using that phrase! He uses it so much, actually...he loves just about everything and makes sure they know it...his toys, his blankie (of course, the blankie!), his blue shoes, his Lukey, his sister...loveable little fella, haha!
Today is Valentine's Day. For some, it's just another Hallmark holiday with little to no meaning outside of the barrage of hearts, cupids, teddy bears, chocolates, and of course red roses that are on constant display from the time the Christmas trees come down until 2/15. For me, though, it's a day to celebrate my love...not just to celebrate my love for others, but also to celebrate and reflect upon how my heart has grown and changed from year-to-year. It's a day to celebrate my ability to give love, share love, receive love...
Becoming a Mother has softened my heart in ways that I never could have imagined. I love more deeply than I ever reasoned was possible. And, I have more compassion and tolerance because the experiences that I've had as a Mother have shown me that not everything is black and white, not everything is always as it seems...no one is perfect.
The littlest things have so much more meaning, now.
The biggest things have even more meaning, too.
...and my love for B has exploded. He has given me this ultimate gift called Motherhood, and it resides in three of the most beautiful, perfect little beings.
Hope you all had a Happy Heart Day, full of love!
I promise to lay off of the sappiness for a while...or at least until Luke's birthday next month, which is sure to trigger an overflow of emotions. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment