Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Picture Fun!

Who do the boys look like?

This question has become the source of much debate among family, friends, and even strangers! I remember when Luke was just an itty bitty and we'd go out and about. Strangers would make the comment "he must look like his daddy"…of course, after commenting on how adorable he was. THANKS! ;-)

Right now, I think the verdict is torn. Most people on Brad's side think Luke looks like Steve (Brad's Dad) and Levi looks like either Brad or Brad's Fraternal grandfather, John. (For the record, I think Brad looks like John a bit, with his Mom's coloring.) I will say, though, that even on Brad's side, Levi's looks are a bit more tricky than Luke's. Some think he looks like me!

On my side of the family, most think that Luke looks like my Brother and oldest nephew, Alexander (okay, James and Alexander look like CLONES…no one is denying that!!). And, according to my side of the family, Levi looks more like me.

Friends' opinions are a mixed bag. I would say that it's a half and half toss-up.

My personal take: I think that both of our kiddos are a perfect blend of Brad and I. They both have my hair coloring (my hair was light when I was young, and it got darker with time). They also both have neither Brad nor I's eye color…which is funny since brown eyes are dominant. Brad and I both had very dark eyes as little ones, but we both have greenish eyes now (Brad's have a bit more blue in his, though). Blue eyes do run very strong on both sides.

I think Luke has my ears, face shape, chin, nose, and smile lines.
I think Levi has my eye shape, full lips, and smile lines. He also has my toes :-)

I think Luke has Brad's (and his Dad's…and his Grandpa's) eye shape and friendly eye wrinkles. He also has Steve's hands, and Brad's feet.
I think Levi has Brad's nose, ears, and chin. I also think Levi has Brad's hands.

So, recently I have been going through lots and lots of old pictures of my side of the family. I also have a few pics of Brad. I love going through pictures :-) Without further ado:



{Me (age 3) and James, Levi 18 mos}

{Luke, age 3, and Me!}

So, what do you think?!

1 comment:

  1. It's a toss up! :-) all I know is that they are two handsome boys with two good looking parents!!

    ReplyDelete