Every Memorial Day weekend, Brad and his friends go on a weekend-long 4-wheeler trip to KY. I always try to plan something fun and different for the boys and I to do. Right now, both of the boys are obsessed with cows! I thought a trip to a dairy farm would be fun, so we drove to Fair Oaks for a day trip. We had a blast!! We went on a tour, and we learned a whole lot about milking cows (on a high production level…I think they said they had 3,000 cows each on 10 different farms – crazy!). We also got to see the births of two calves born in the birthing barn. I guess the day prior, they had two sets of twins arrive.
Fair Oaks also has a really neat activity center for kids of all ages. Luke and Levi especially enjoyed the choo choo train rides! Fair Oaks makes and processes their own cheese and ice cream, so of course we sampled that, too, and it was very yummy!June marked a couple of important milestones in my family. I turned 30 (shudder), and Mom turned 50. Brad and I hosted a party for Mom at the local civic center. I thought it turned out really nice. I did do the cookie favors for the party, but I ordered the sheet cake from the Dessert Haus in Logan. I didn't want to mess Mom's cake up, and baking for important events makes me nervous! :-)

One of my closest friends, Jess, and I went to Heartland Spa in Illinois the night before my birthday (she turned the big 3-0 the week before I did). It was awesome! The rate included your stay, and all access to their fitness facilities, indoor pool, sauna, hot tub, bicycles, etc, etc. Jess and I each had a massage, body scrub, and mud wrap. It was all quite nice! On the first evening, we took the bikes out and went for a ride. We kinda, sorta got lost, but we made our way back! :-) We also did a cardio kickboxing class that literally kicked our tooshies! I think I was sore for the next 3 days!!
The largest pic above is Jess and I after our kick-butt workout! You can't see it very well, but the third picture on the bottom from the left is a sign that actually says "no snacks", "no alcohol", and I can't remember what else, because that obviously was the most important part to me! :-) We bent the rules a bit, and snuck in some treats!! :-PNow, my birthday celebration did not end there (oh, nooooo, because we have to drag this dreaded day out for as looooong as possible! ;-) I'm JOKING!). Mom and Dad had dinner with myself, Grandma (who also turned 74 the same day as Mom turned 50), Brad and the boys. I was tickled at the cake she had made for me…I love to scrapbook, by the way!
Since I got back from Heartland on the evening of my birthday, Brad had a cake ready for me when I got home with 3 (yes, 3! He knew he'd be in trouble if he planted 30 candles all over my cake!) candles. It was sweet, and unexpected. I didn't even get a chance to snap a picture!
This weekend, we FINALLY got our garden planted! The boys enjoyed helping (Levi also enjoyed eating the corn seeds...that looked like corn, but surely didn't taste like corn!). We planted beets, carrots, sweet corn, green beans, and radishes. We also have black raspberries that will hopefully be ready to pick in a few weeks! I might try my hand at making some jelly this year, too…look out!

No comments:
Post a Comment