I'm always looking for quick, homemade meals to make. I love to cook, but let's face it, after coming home from work all I really want to do is play with my kids and relax!
Every year, we have a cow butchered and store it in our deep freeze. We typically plow through the steaks and ground beef, but it takes a bit longer to get through the roasts. I get tired of making my same 'ol pot roast all of the time, so when my friend, Judi, gave me a different recipe to try, I gave it a whirl! (I think she said it was a Pioneer Woman recipe, but I couldn't find it through Google.)
Anyway, it's super-simple:
The recipe calls for you to actually sear the meat in a pan on both sides to seal the juices in before placing it in the crock. I skipped this step. :-) Put roast (I used a chuck roast), a can of French Onion Soup, and a can of Golden Mushroom Soup in a crock. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. That's it! When I got home from work, I steamed some carrots and then tossed them in with the meat for about an hour, and I made some mashed taters. B went back for seconds, so that's typically my gauge on how great the recipe is. :-) The boys *devoured* the meat, and it literally fell apart...very tender!
We'll be making this one again! Enjoy!
{I wanted to add real quick...I do *not* like onions at all, so I was a bit reluctant to use the French Onion Soup. I can assure you, the onions pretty much disintegrate while cooking and you can't even taste them!}

No comments:
Post a Comment