Friday, March 1, 2013

Diversion to the Slow Lane

I have a reputation of having a lead foot.  Actually, I'm going to have a full-out confessional here...the pressure of my foot on the gas pedal is directly related to the heaviness in thought-mode that I am currently in while driving....heavy in thought, heavy with foot.  Dangerous, I know.  Anyway, lately I've been trying to channel my thoughts in other ways...writing more, taking up a yoga class, using cruise control. :-)  This past week I have noticed that I've been slowing down.  Yesterday, I was behind a handicapped driver who was going 30 in a 55.  Instead of passing them like I typically would have done, I slowed down.  Whuh, huh?!  I've been honked at twice in the past two weeks for not turning quick enough after stopping at a light.  Someone check my pulse.

This is the time of year that my perspective shifts a bit towards my first little.  I begin to look at him with a little more marvel and a little more amazement.  I appreciate him even more than I typically do, which is saying a lot.  This year has been a little more special, though.  I have been exchanging correspondence with a sweet Lady who I happened to get to know a little better recently, purely by chance.  Her experience is in the present, but her journey with her own Son ironically parallels my own.  Speaking with her brings back memories of my time with Luke in the hospital.  As dark as that time was for me, it was also one of the most delicate and precious times of my life...the beginning of my very own story of Motherhood.  How strange the timing of it all, directly before the 5th Anniversary of Luke's Birth.

{One of my favorite pictures with Luke.}
We have a lot to look forward to this Month...a Student of the Week, a 5th Birthday with (hopefully) reunion plans and a Lucky Birthday party, a 9-Month photo shoot, a few cakes to bake and decorate, some small house reno ideas to put in place, Easter, Spring Break, three Sisters' Birthdays, a nephew's Birthday, and a Father-in-Law's Birthday.

But for now, I'm enjoying the slow lane.  Notsomuch those damn honking horns...I'll get my butt in gear soon enough, folks.  Stay tuned. :-)   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment