Luke was sent home late the week prior with a little plastic tote that he was instructed to fill with whatever his little heart desired. He chose these things:
I also filled out a couple of questionnaires that had questions like...
- What is your favorite color: orange
- What is your favorite thing to do: Play with my toys
- Do you have a pet? Yes If so, tell me about it: His name is Buddy. He likes me. He doesn't push me over anymore. He's a BIG dog.
- Height: 42.5" Weight 34.4lbs
- What do you like to do at home? Play outside with my cats.
- I look a little like this:
So, school was cancelled. No worries. We changed our book reading date to Friday. I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies Thursday night (he very sweetly reminded me that all of the other mommies bring snacks :-) ), and I met Luke at 10:10am at his classroom with "A Roar of a Snore" in tote. Luke really, really loves that book, which was sure to evoke a buzz of squeaky little voices debating back and forth on whose parents' snores were louder at home. :-) Very cute!
After the book reading, I sat with Luke and his class while they ate their snack (fruit was added), and Luke got to point out to his classmates special people in his family that were present on his poster board. It was really neat that so many of Luke's friends recognized members of his family...mostly his Grandpa Sparks who is a regular at Bullshipper's, a local sale barn/restaurant.
I'm so glad that I was able to participate in Star of the Week with Luke. :-) He certainly is a special boy, and I know that he absolutely loved his star treatment!

No comments:
Post a Comment