This is what fell in sheets from the sky as I started this post...
This year, our Christmas was spread out over three days.
Day 1, Sunday, Christmas at Mom and Dad's:
![]() |
| {Thank you, Aunt Heidi and Uncle Phillip!} |
Day 2, Christmas Eve, celebration at Father-in-Law's:
Day 3, Christmas Morning, our family of five, celebrating together for the first time:
...and Christmas Afternoon, celebrating with B's Mom and crew:
Christmas this year was very rich and fulfilling for us. Each celebration was taken at a leisurely pace...no rushing, no fumbling around trying to get cookies or treats made. A few last-minute presents went unwrapped, and that was okay. I may have snuggled, cuddled, and rocked a few sweethearts a little longer, too. Libby's 2 a.m. feeding on Christmas Day morning was a little sweeter. Typically, I feed her and she goes right back to sleep in her crib, but instead, I held her tight, trying to memorize her smell, the touch of her tiny hand on my face, the softness of her hair on my chin...I never want to forget. I reminded B that this is our last Christmas with a little baby of our own to celebrate with. Bittersweet. Our spread of Christmas celebrations allowed us to just take things as they came and to really sit back and enjoy everyone's company.
The kiddos were very excited about Christmas this year, although Levi has made it clear that he does not like Santa.
Convo between Levi and I taken place prior to a Santa lap-sitting (that didn't occur)...
Me: Levi, aren't you going to tell Santa what you want for Christmas?
Levi: No, I don't wike (like) him. (insert the most adorable little pout ever imagined right here!)
Me: Well, Levi, Santa won't know what to leave at your house on Christmas eve night if you don't tell him what you want for Christmas!
Levi: Gasp! I don't want him coming to our house! I don't wike Santa!!
Ooookay, then!! :-)
Libby enjoyed the wrapping paper, a lot...eating it, feeling it, tearing it, eating it! :-) She received quite a few teething toys and several cute outfits. The boys' large gifts were their Leappads, but they also got farm equipment/barns/animals (Luke), an airplane (Levi), a motorcycle (Levi), and Carhartt overalls to match Daddy (just in time for the snow!) just to name a few things (because they got A LOT of really neat toys!). I loved just sitting back and watching the kids unwrap their presents...the joy in their faces, the expressions of wonder...priceless moments that will be embedded in my memory for a lifetime. Can't beat that!
We hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas with loved ones close-by. Family really does make the Holiday Season special for us. Time spent with the ones we love...that's what it's all about! Merry, Merry!

























No comments:
Post a Comment